Tin Fish Restaurant, San Diego

7:24 AM


A couple of weeks ago, M and I were in San Diego for a mini holiday. Well, I was on a mini holiday whilst M attended a conference.

On our first night there, we ate at the Tin Fish Restaurant located in the Gas Lamp district of San Diego. It was a block away from the hotel, so we trekked on down to have some dinner. It was unusually cold in Souther California to the point that I was wearing a jumper, scarf, jacket and knee high boots. Cold weather calls for some clam chowder. M ordered some and I had a sip despite my intolerance for anything that’s dairy.

M and I love to share our food. We’ve been doing this for a couple of years now. Instead of each ordering an entree, we “discuss” the menu choices and make a decision of what we would like to eat. We’ve already visited the Tin Fish a few years ago, so we knew what we were getting.

The menu prices were decent (considerig their location) and the service was fast. The seating varies. There’s the bar, the outdoor seating, and indoor seating. Since it’s cold out and there’s no one sitting outside, we decided to eat indoors.

We ordered Fish, Oyster, and Chips, a bowl of clam chowder and ceviche.

The clam chowder was creamy, flavourful and delicious, though I only had a couple of spoonfuls. Although the clam chowder was excellent, the fish and chips were disappointing. It was fried a little too long that the batter on the fish was slightly hard. When I took a bite, I can almost taste the beginnings of burnt batter. The ceviche was also delicious, but they gave way too many tortilla chips for little a container of the dish.


I would recommend trying it out if you don’t want to wait in line or spend too much on either lunch or dinner. Let’s just say that this is good eats that will fit anyone’s budget.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram