The Happy Planner Mini

8:27 AM

It's that time of year again! 2016 is coming to a close and if you're like me, you're going to need a new planner! There are quite a bit of planners out there to choose from. There are some inexpensive ones and there are some that can do quite a bit of damage to your bank account.

I'm a creature of habit when it comes to the things I like and for the last twenty years, I've been using a Filofax. It's a durable brand and the one thing I loved about it was that I can buy a binder and just keep buying inserts every year. But, as Filofax began adding different sizes and style of binders to their collection, I was no longer buying inserts, but buying the binders. The one big advantage to buying the binders was that I was coordinating them with my bags. If I was using my light pink Coach bag, I used my Filofax Personal size in Lavander and so on. It was easy to migrate or move everything from one binder to another. The only downfall to having a Filofax was that I can customize it any way I want it. Meaning, lots of custom inserts such as shopping list, goals, blog post schedule, the diary itself, university information, and so on. It can get quite heavy in my bag. 


So this year, I've decided to do a bit of a change. I've been using my Filofax in conjunction with Mambi's Happy Planner. But with Mambi's release of the Mini Happy Planner, I've decided to forego buying inserts for my Filofax and going with the mini Happy Planner.

The Mini Happy Planner is almost the same size as the personal Filofax binder.


The inserts in the mini Happy Planner come with a month at a glance as well as a week on two horizontal layout. This is what I like about the mini Happy Planner. The inserts come with the month at a glance whereas Filofax doesn't and you'd either have to search for a free printable, make it yourself, or buy the inserts along with your regular diary pages. As much as I love Filofax, their inserts are pretty thin and get quite expensive. The pages in the Happy Planner are made of thick paper and I don't have to worry about my pens bleeding through.


The inserts are larger than the personal size Filofax inserts and they are also lined. 


I've spoken to a older lady at the local scrapbooking store in Sacramento and she did not like the mini Happy Planner as it is made for people who just want to write their appointments in it rather than decorate and it seemed to me she thought it a bad thing. What I tried to explain to her, that in the planner community, we have multiple planners in which we can decorate or just keep appointments. For those who have quite a lot going on in their daily lives such as work, post-gradute university, family, and kids. Having a separate planner to plan everything without decorating it is a tool. For me, the Mini Happy Planner is a tool that is used in conjunction with my iPhone, MacBook Pro, and the Happy Planner. It is in the Happy Planner that I decorate, add my schedule and any other impromptu events that happen during the week.


If you like decorating your planner, but want an on-the-go one where you can quickly jot down things to do, assignments, grocery list, etc., but without all the bulk of a Filofax, then the mini Happy Planner is your best bet. I've always been a Filofax fan, but after getting my hands on the mini Happy Planner, I don't think I'm ever going back .... unless Mambi discontinues it.

I think I'll use my Christmas Wish on having Mambi keep the Mini Happy Planner for a long time to come.

Have a Happy Christmas everyone!!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram