Winter Make-Up Essentials

7:30 PM

As much as I love make-up and can't seem to walk out of my house without wearing it, this winter season, I'm limiting the days I slap on war paint.

With the winter season in Northern California being cold at -1°C at its lowest, the air is cold and dry. Despite moisturising daily, the effects of the weather still dries out my sky. So this winter, my go-to essentials for make-up are simply the foundation primers and face powder.

My first go-to is the Prime Time foundation primer from Bare Minerals. I love using this primer as it feels smooth on my skin and evens out my skin tone. It's $24 and a small amount goes a long way.


Another favourite foundation primer is Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer. Compared to Bare Minerals, which is a translucent primer, Rimmel's is not and it's priced between $4 to $7. I love wearing it during the winter time since it can be worn alone or with foundation.

With both of these primers, I pair it with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil pressed powder. Paired with the either primers, it evens out my skin tone and when I walk out of my house, I don't look like I've just gotten out of my bed (though these days, I wish I didn't have to get out of my bed and comfortable duvet). 

So with the harsh winter weather, give your skin a break. Add some dark kohl liner to your eyes to add a little more pop. It's an easy routine and all it takes is five minutes. It's perfect when you're running out of time or simply want a break from putting on your make-up.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram