Flour Bakery, Boston Massachusettes

12:43 PM

I love the FoodNetwork and since planning our trip to the East Coast, I've been recording several shows on my DVR in hopes to find a place that I can try whilst I'm on holiday.

Flour Bakery in Boston came up on the The Best Thing I Ever Ate. The bakery's Sticky Buns was featured and Michael and I were salivating just watching the show, so made a note of it in my Filofax to visit the place. On our first full day here, we decided on brunch (without the mimosas) at Flour Bakery. My eyes immediately immediately captured by the sticky buns. Michael and I knew that we just had to order one, but we did need to get something remotely healthy. So, we ordered a breakfast sandwich along with two sticky buns and a vegan chocolate cake (which is pictured behind the sticky buns).


The Breakfast Egg Sandwich with bacon, cheddar, tomato, arugula and dijonaise was amazing. The egg was light and fluffy and the sandwich had the just the right amount of dijonaise that it didn't overpower all the flavours.


The sticky buns were great. I'm not going to say it's amazing like the sandwich, but I expected the buns to be bigger. I should have expected that it would be different from what I've seen on the show. it's not as big as I've seen it on television, but the art of food photography is that you always take it on an angle to make it look big. It was decent size and it was good. I'm not a fan of nuts on my food, but they were covered in ooey gooey caramel sauce. Anything covered in caramel sauce will taste amazing. The buns were fluffy and moist. They're sweet but not overly sweet.


The vegan chocolate cake (which we weren't aware was vegan) was amazing. It was light and fluffy and very chocolatey. I had no idea vegan chocolate cakes tastes so good. Now, I'm tempted to make one as soon as I get back home. 

If you're ever in Boston, check out Flour Bakery. They have a few locations and getting one of those sticky buns or the Egg Breakfast Sandwich is definitely worth it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram